What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, date of birth and job title
- contact information including postal and email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to the course you are following
- Records of payments received and achievements
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To meet External funder’s requirements
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
How long we keep your information and why
Following each annual external verifier visit all paper portfolios, where applicable, are returned to the learner. Electronic VLE portfolios are accessible by learners for up to three years after successful completion of their qualification.
We are required by our awarding body, City & Guilds, to keep records for three years following completion of a course. There are four key elements to these records, which are:
- assessment plans, action plans and feedback reports
- candidate interview records
- IV sampling plans, records and feedback reports
- record of achievement/tracking documents
This may mean the retention of your personal contact details in case the awarding body needs to contact you with regard to the course undertaken and qualification achieved. During this period of time all records are stored safely and securely and are not used for any other reason. After the period of 3 years all personal information is destroyed.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from learners.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Jade Solutions (UK) 43A Flash Lane, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 0PJ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.