Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) is the badge of professionalism for post-16 education and training, helping practitioners advance in their careers and demonstrate their expertise and experience to colleagues, employers and learners. SET members can gain QTLS by successfully completing professional formation..
Professional formation is a process that enables you to demonstrate the effective use of skills and knowledge in your professional practice that is required to achieve QTLS status.
What are the benefits of QTLS?
- QTLS status is recognised in law as equal to QTS for teaching in schools.
- Career progression: QTLS status demonstrates your commitment, skills and knowledge to employers.
- Recognition of your status as a professional teacher or trainer.
- Valuable continuing professional development (CPD) that builds confidence and enhances your skills.
- Members with QTLS can use these initials as a designation.
There are three registration ‘windows’ which are normally open during the following months: September – October, December – January and April – May.
Visit the website for more information and to check your eligibility to apply for professional formation leading to QTLS.
The Education and Training Foundation is the only organisation that confers QTLS status, following the transfer of IfL’s legacy in October 2014.